Fishers On Tap: Feb. 22, 4-7 p.m., Forum Conference and Event Center, 11313 USA Parkway, Fishers
As we head into the gray days of winter, many of us are looking for a reason to get out and about. Well, I have an event for you to consider: Fishers On Tap — Winter.
I recently sat down with Bill Jerrow and Michele Whelchel, the co-chairs for the Fishers On Tap Indiana craft beer-tasting fundraiser, and discovered that the event is much more than an excuse to try some great local beers. In addition to sampling beer from local breweries, attendees can enjoy food samples provided by some local restaurants, including a dessert booth featuring mini cupcakes. Live music will be provided by Phoebe and the Mojo Makers. There will also be a 50-50 raffle and home brewing demonstrations.
Fishers On Tap is not your typical beer-tasting event and is sought after by the breweries for the quality time and conversations they are able to have with local craft beer enthusiasts. But the real winners from this event will be the local charities serving children who will be the beneficiaries of this fundraiser.
Fishers On Tap is brought to you by the Fishers Rotary Club, which comprises 116 men and women who believe in service above self. Since the inception of the club in 1992, members have raised and donated more than $670,000 to more than 85 nonprofit organizations and given an untold number of volunteer service man-hours. Some of the Fishers Rotary projects include:
- Kids Voice: serving at-risk children
- Pink Ribbon Connection: breast cancer support
- Promising Futures: anger management for youth
- Girls on the Run: adolescent girls’ self-image
- Hear Indiana: hearing-challenged resources
- Youth Mentoring Initiative: one-on-one help
- Fishers Liberty Plaza: celebrating our veterans
- Prevail: victims of crime and domestic abuse
- Fishers Fire Department
- Brooks Place: grief counseling for youth
- Ambassador House: local historical residence
- College Scholarships: HSE and Fishers high schools
- Shelter Box: disaster relief shelters
- Fresh Starts: domestic violence survivors
- Partners in Housing Development
- Servants at Work: wheelchair ramp building
- Alzheimer’s Association
So come out to Fishers On Tap and enjoy a fun evening with great food, craft beer and live music, and most important, support a great cause.
Tickets are $40 each and can be purchased online at fishersontap.com. There are a limited number of tickets and they do sell out, so go online and secure your tickets today. For more information on the Fishers Rotary Club, visit fishersrotary.org.
Comments from Previous Participants:
“We always look forward to the Fishers On Tap events because they do such a great job of combining craft beer, local food options and entertainment into a community-based event.” —Shane Pearson, Daredevil Brewing Co.
“A great display of when local craft beer meets local food. Awesomeness!” —Jerry Connor, Bier Brewery